It’s no understatement to say that 2020 has been a year like no other. COVID-19 has turned all of our lives upside down, and we’re doing the best we can to cope with life during a pandemic.
Many of us are struggling with how to bring a sense of normalcy to the holidays this year, especially considering it’s all about gathering together with friends and families. How can we celebrate safely while COVID-19 is still spreading in our community?
Here are some tips for keeping the holidays festive and safe, even during the Coronavirus pandemic:
- Indoor family gatherings seem to be where COVID-19 is spreading right now. Instead of gathering indoors, invite your family and friends over for an outdoor celebration.
- Keep your gatherings short, the guest list small, and put plenty of distance between your guests. Give the gift of individual-sized hand sanitizers and festive masks.
- The jury is still out on whether or not air travel is safe. If you can’t spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa with your loved ones, consider setting up a group Zoom call.
- Get your flu shot. Ain’t no one got time to catch the flu and Coronavirus this year!
- If you’re dressing up for Halloween, don’t let a costume mask replace your fabric mask or combine the two together.
- Check out more recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control.
Even though we’re facing dark times, we can’t let the chaos and turmoil in our world bring us down. Instead, we need to bring more light in our lives. Christmas lights, to be specific.
Although we complain about Houston’s brutal summers, we’re so fortunate that fall and winter are pleasantly mild here, and we can enjoy being outdoors throughout the year.
Since we’ll be spending more time outdoors in this lovely weather, make sure your home’s exterior is up to par with outdoor lights by No Fuss Lights.
Lights aren’t just for Christmas anymore! We can decorate your home for all the holidays: Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and for pretty much any other occasion you can imagine.
Make your home the envy of your neighbors. Give us a call at 281-809-7021 for a free estimate.
We serve the Greater Houston area, so we book up fast. Schedule your appointment today!